Financial Services Industry Advisor
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 9523
We recognize the importance of flexibility in where and how our people work. As a result, we are working remotely unless our clients request our presence in their office. We will be conducting candidate interviews by video. In order to strengthen interpersonal relationships, this position may be required to be in the office occasionally or attend in-person events.
The FS Industry Advisor is a highly collaborative, team-based solution sales and delivery role requiring the ability to work with all levels of Advisory Services, Sales Team, and Practice leaders to successfully sell, grow and deliver high-quality professional services in financial services. This role operates within the advisory services team of Randstad Digital, reporting directly to the Advisory Services Industry Lead.
As part of a successful team-selling approach, you execute a vertical-focused sales and go-to-market strategy in alignment with our offerings and sales leadership to grow existing account revenue. You advise prospects and clients on relevant industry and technology trends. You will collaborate to define strategic account plans with the goal of nurturing and growing a prioritized client portfolio to meet revenue targets.
You manage executive relationships with passion, integrity, and empathy by delivering value in all interactions.
As part of managing and growing prioritized accounts, you create and present new strategies and innovative ideas for your clients’ success and business outcomes. You work collaboratively with sales leadership, capability experts, delivery teams, and operations colleagues to define and drive solutions and value. You maintain a customer orientation and demonstrate creativity in analyzing and identifying solutions.
To succeed in this role, you are a goal-oriented self-starter with a proven track record of success in building and maintaining solutions-based relationships and demonstrating industry expertise, consultative-based selling, and delivery management. You have a deep understanding of the financial services industry with the ability to engage at senior levels as a subject matter expert (SME). You bring work experience in consulting or client-side industry experience within a retail banking, capital markets, wealth management or insurance company delivering technology solutions and/or successful business transformations.
- Continually stay up to date with the client’s business strategy and technology goals, develop and execute account strategy and build win-win value propositions at the company and individual level which are in sync with our service offerings.
- Manage a joint pipeline with sales and service line leadership, meeting or exceeding revenue and profitability targets in partnership with delivery leads and capability teams.
- Manage and farm priority accounts to drive increased revenue per annum, meeting or exceeding profitability targets.
- Establish, build and maintain long-term, value-based relationships with a growing number of client senior stakeholders.
- Manage the commercial relationship for advisory projects to include defining an effective pricing strategy, contract management (writing SOWs, MSAs, RFPs and RFIs) and proposal/presentation content developed with our market offering leads for new business pitches.
- Track engagement financials to include accounts receivable, expense reporting, margin analysis, revenue tracking and forecasting, etc.
- Ongoing monitoring of resource allocation for client engagements ensuring both quality and utilization are optimized.
- Maintain an industry presence and exhibit excellent communication and presentation skills with the goal of regularly speaking at relevant industry forums in coordination with capability experts and delivery leadership.
- Help develop a range of IP and best practices around client and portfolio development in order to build the client base into a significant strategic asset along with our capability experts.
People and Team:
- Serve as a trusted and valued partner of the client C-levels, and develop deep relationships with senior business executives.
- Help drive a cultural shift that emphasizes delivering value for both people and clients.
- Mentor and coach existing leaders and teams.
- Collaborate across all levels of the Randstad Digital organization to deliver value and drive outcomes.
- Create happy customers. Own overall client satisfaction and the continuing growth and evolution of clients which is accomplished by driving successful delivery of work product, offering industry subject matter expertise, and cultivating strong client relationships.
- Growth: Meet financial targets. Manage growth and evolution of new and existing client relationships.
- Firm Building: Know the clients business. Continually increase knowledge of the industry which leads often to serving as the client’s first line advisor.
- Operational Excellence: Ensure optimal levels of productivity. Applies a strong operational acumen to internal processes that supports clients’ accounts, service, communications and quality.
- People and Team: Lead engaged teams. Proactively work to inspire trust and confidence of our clients through partnering with our People and mentoring them to elevate opportunities for growth. Respect diversity of thought and encourage inclusivity. These connections become the reason why clients want to work with Randstad Digital.
- Polished and professional consultant-level communication and presentation development and delivery skills, including familiarity with structured thinking / problem-solving frameworks, and Pyramid Principle of communication.
- Ability to lead, engage and mentor individual consultants and solution sales and delivery teams.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in business advisory or consulting with increasing amounts of revenue generation responsibility
- Deep understanding of an industry vertical known as a subject matter expert (SME) and/or have significant experience working in the industry; experience with regulatory compliance and risk management frameworks is preferred.
- Experience with Digital Banking and Real-Time Payments preferred.
- Success managing and developing sophisticated senior client relationships and strategic business partnerships with the C-levels.
- Experience in advisory and/or technical services project delivery. While this person need not be “technical,” they do need to be technically savvy and understand the momentum of technical projects and the challenges a highly technical team will face in project execution.
- Demonstrable experience of a highly consultative and solutions-oriented approach.
- Active listener that can develop and leverage intelligence in creating value propositions for clients and in pursuit of winning new business.
- Developed expertise in and helped improve their client’s business.
- Seen as a problem solver by their clients.
- Excellent relationship manager skilled at negotiation.
- Skilled in creating value propositions for clients.
$180,000 - $206,000. This base salary range is based on your actual work location and hours worked. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to role, education, work experience, certifications, etc. Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, as well as a deferred compensation plan. Employees will also accrue up to 2 weeks of vacation in a year and 8 paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Services Industry Advisor
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p>Join a workplace that thrives on collaboration and support, consisting of individuals who are not only experts in their fields but also kind, smart, fun, and passionate about what they do. Teamwork isn't just encouraged – it's the way we operate.</p> <p>At Randstad Digital Advisory, we strive to provide opportunities to learn and grow, from on-the-job coaching to online courses to continuous feedback.</p> <p>Our employees have the autonomy to do their best work, using their skills to make a meaningful impact both within the team as well as for our diverse clientele.</p> <p>We offer attractive pay, a well-rounded benefits package, and flexible working arrangements (including work-from-home when possible).</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.